2 cans cherry pie filling
1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
1/2 cup butter
* Gluten Free option: Betty Crocker Gluten Free cake mix is available at most grocery stores. Extend cooking time by 10-15 minutes for this mix.
* Line a 12″ Dutch Oven with heavy duty foil or Dutch Oven liner
* Pour pie filling into the bottom of one Dutch Oven. Spread evenly.
* Pour the dry cake mix evenly over the pie filling. Do not stir.
* Cut butter into small pieces and place on top of cake mix.
* Place lid on Dutch oven and bake using 8-10 briquettes bottom and 14-16 briquettes top for 45-60 minutes rotating oven and lid 1/4 turn in opposite directions twice through the baking process.